January 25, 2023
8 am - 4:30 pm
Engaging Business Minds to Achieve Success
Join us for the 3rd Annual San Diego Business Summit to be held in-person and virtually on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, from 8 am - 4:30 pm.
Can't make it? Don’t worry - an unedited recording of the sessions will be made available for 3 months so you can watch on your own time.
This all-day interactive Summit will bring together business owners, entrepreneurs, managers, and leaders for a day of panel discussions, keynote speakers, exhibitors, and networking.
Founder & President
RDM Management Group
Expect Great Things To Happen: Five Core Principles of Highly Effective Business Professionals
We have often been told, never bring your personal life to work. Yet rarely, if ever, are we told to leave work life in the office.
What many people strive for today is a healthy life balance, the ability to both excel in their careers and enjoy their personal life. They seek to manage the personal experiences that can negatively impact their professional life, as well as minimize work stress that can bear down on their personal lives.
Expect Great Things to Happen: Five Core Principles of Highly Effective Business Professionals is for business professionals from entry-level and middle management, all the way up to senior level. It provides a clear blueprint to advance your career while having a positive impact in the lives of others. By working with the five principles, you will develop the skills it takes to be a “business athlete.”
How to Tell a Story - Interactive Session
Whether your goal is to ace a job interview, build your business, deliver the perfect wedding toast, wow clients at a business dinner, give a moving eulogy, be a hit at parties, change the world, or simply connect more deeply to those around you, stories are essential. Sharing secrets of The Moth’s time-honed process and using examples from beloved storytellers, Kate Tellers will show you how to
- Mine Your Memories for Your Best Stories
- Explore Structures that will Boost the Impact of Your Story
- Deliver Your Stories with Confidence
- Tailor Your Stories for Any Occasion
With How to Tell a Story, The Moth will help you learn how to uncover and craft your own unique stories, like Moth storytellers Mike Birbiglia, Rosanne Cash, Neil Gaiman, Elizabeth Gilbert, Padma Lakshmi, Darryl “DMC” McDaniels, Hasan Minhaj, Tig Notaro, Boots Riley, Betty Reid Soskin, John Turturro, and more.
The first 200 in-person attendees will receive a complimentary copy of How to Tell a Story.
After the opening keynote, attendees will have the opportunity to attend a variety of panel discussions throughout the day.
Attendees will gain valuable knowledge that they can take back to the (home) office and implement the very next day.
All sessions will be recorded to view at a later time.
2023 Panels Include:
The Future of Work: Strategies for Making Hybrid Work for All
- Expectations for the Employee and the Employer
- Challenges with a Hybrid Environment and How to Solve Them
- Utilizing Technology to Connect Teams
- Engaging Your In-Person and Virtual Employees to Work Cohesively
- Maintaining Productivity
Strategies for Acquiring New Business/Customers
- Why Introductions are More Powerful than Referrals
- Utilizing Social Media to Acquire Business
- Are You Staying Relevant to Your Customers' Everchanging Needs?
- Taking Advantage of the Virtual World
- Developing Strategic Partnerships
Effectively Recruit, Onboard, and Retain New Employees
- Using Mentorship to Recruit and Retain Employees
- Engaging New Employees with a Team They’ve Never Met
- How to Raise Leaders Within Your Organization
- First Impressions Matter – Portraying Your Company Culture
- Engaging Employees to Feel Included in the Big Picture
The How and Why of Networking
- Strategies for Virtual and In-Person Networking
- Effective Ways to Network in a Remote World
- Prepare in Advance - Strategies for Going into an Unknown Networking Space
- Key Tips for Introverts
- Networking with Different Generations
How to Develop an Engaged Workforce
- The Role of Leadership in Engaging Employees
- How to Engage a Multigenerational Workforce
- Back to the Office - Unique Ways to Engage Your Team
- Workplace Wellness Initiatives – Combat Mental Fatigue
- Cultivating Deeper Relationships and Interactions
Branding Strategies for Your Company/Self
- Branding - What Is It and Why Is It Important
- Why You Need a Personal Brand
- Defining and Managing Your Brand
- Strategies for Creating Your Brand
- Going from Invisible to Unforgettable
Thank You to Our Partners
Rancho Bernardo Inn
Alliant International University
MyPoint Credit Union
Disclaimer: Portions of this program may be filmed and/or photographed. By attending, you consent to its unrestricted use, as deemed appropriate by North San Diego Business Chamber. Click here to see our complete Notice of Filming and Photography.