January 28, 2021
8 am - 4:00 pm
$59 Members/$79 Non
Engaging Business Minds to Achieve Success
Join us for the 2nd Annual San Diego Business Summit to be held virtually on Thursday, January 28, 2021, from 8 am - 4 pm.
Can't make a session? Don’t worry - an unedited recording of the panel discussion will be made available for 3 months so you can watch on your own time.
The 2021 San Diego Business Summit offers a wealth of insight from some of San Diego's most successful business leaders.
This all-day interactive Summit will bring together business owners, entrepreneurs, managers, and leaders for a day of workshops, keynote speakers, exhibitors, and networking.
The Art of Mentoring
Jeff Campbell, former CEO of Burger King and ex-Chairman of the Pillsbury Restaurant Group, will talk about being a mentor and share his personal journey with being a mentor and being a mentee. He will talk about the importance of listening, control vs discovery and the rewards from being both a mentor and a mentee.
Today, Jeff teaches at SDSU and gives back a lot of his time mentoring C-suite execs and leaders with his knowledge and background, through Chairman's RoundTable.
Custom Solutions Inc.
Creating an Entrepreneurial Workplace®
Michael’s talk on “Creating an Entrepreneurial Workplace®” is about his powerful philosophy that creates ownership and empowerment throughout an organization. Your people will not only embrace change they will actually lead and drive that change.
Daron K. Roberts
Former NFL Coach and Author
The Art of Risk-Taking
Promoting a "fail fast" culture sounds easy, but empowering your team to embrace an innovative mindset can be difficult. This talk does both. Daron K. Roberts is a former NFL coach and author of, “Call an Audible” (Greenleaf 2017). “Call an Audible” was named a #1 New Release and Best Seller by Amazon, and Sports Illustrated selected the book as one of its “Best Sports Business Books of 2017.”
After the opening keynotes, attendees will have the opportunity to attend a variety of breakout sessions throughout the day.
Each hour offers different workshops that focus on Strategy & Planning, The Customer Experience, Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Professional Development, and Technology. Attendees will gain valuable knowledge that they can take back to the (home) office and implement the very next day.
Space is limited at each live session and is on a first come basis. All sessions will be recorded to view at a later time.
2021 Workshops Include:
Strategy & Planning
- Adjusting Your Business Plan to Survive During a Crisis
- Staying Strategic and Pivoting During Challenging Times
- Inclusion: Creating a Lasting Impact in the Workplace
The Customer Experience
- Client Retention & Growth Strategies During a Crisis
- How to Build Relationships with New Customers and Colleagues Virtually
- Selling Yourself and Your Organization Virtually
Marketing & Communications
- Digital Marketing Trends
- Using Social Media Efficiently to Tell Your Story
- Crisis Management - Communicating an Honest Message with Customers
- Is Your Brand Working For You or Against You?
- Strengthen Employee Morale While Being Remote
- Top New Employment Laws in 2021
- Managing Employee Burnout and Building Resiliency
- Overcoming the New Workday Challenge: Work, School, and Health at Home
- Working Virtually – What is okay and not okay?
- Virtual Presentation Skills
- Looking for Work in A Remote World
- Leveraging Technology & Thinking Outside the Zoom Box
- Cyber-Security and Remote Workers
Thank You to Our Partners
Supervisor Jim Desmond
Supervisor Kristin Gaspar
Baker Electric Home Energy
San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
MyPoint Credit Union
Disclaimer: Portions of this program may be filmed and/or photographed. By attending, you consent to its unrestricted use, as deemed appropriate by North San Diego Business Chamber. Click here to see our complete Notice of Filming and Photography.